Friday, November 13, 2009

Shoe Addict

This little girl is absolutely obsessed with wearing her shoes. If she doesn't have her shoes on she goes on a quest to find them and brings them to me to put them on. Anytime I have to take them off for naps or diaper changes she freaks out and instantly wants them back on when we're done. Half the time she is wearing her shoes for nap time, weirdo. Joe and I are a little annoyed with all this so we have started hiding her shoes, I know we're mean parents. Even if she already has one pair of shoes she'll bring me her others and wants both on and gets upset when I can't put them both on. I don't know if this is a girl thing or just a weird Kalli thing but it's definitely a quirk of hers. 
*I know she has no shoes on in this picture, but this was taken before her obsession developed. 

6 comments:

Paula said...

They grow out of them so fast. Let her wear them. She's a gal who wants to be prepared to go at a moments notice.

Kerstin said...

Tori and Ella are like this too. Tori will go find a pair of shoes to wear even if she is in PJ's . I guess little girls figure these things out an early age. Oh and just you wait, Tori's latest is wanting to change her clothes a hundred times a day. the joys of girls!

Kilburn-Hall family said...

Maybe she's going to take after her gramma and aunt Ryan and never have enough shoes!

JKThomas said...

Such a girl! Maddy has a slight shoe fetish as well but we haven't had to hide them yet. I love her t-shirt!

Krissey said...

Hi Kristen! I found your blog, you are welcome to view mine at anytime joshandkrissey@blogspot.com. I have a feeling our little girl to come will have a similar fetish. Josh and I both have a ton of shoes and we both love all different kinds of shoes:)

Aubrey Norby said...

I guess that you can be grateful that so far she is only obsessed with her own shoes and doesn't constantly want to wear yours! It is these little things that make them unique that are so cute. Kalli the shoe-lovin' gal!