Saturday, August 25, 2012

Checked off goal...

This weekend I checked running a 5k off my to do list. In March I decided that I wanted to run a 5k. I started training and waited to find the perfect 5k to start with. Well, the Color Run was the perfect 5k. It's a fun, non timed run in which at every k (1/2 mile or so) you would be covered in colored powder. I actually got about 25 women from our ward to run with me. A couple of them were like me and weren't runners. It was so fun to go with all these amazing women. Some of them compete in half marathons and many were first time runners. Couldn't have asked for a better group of women. 
 Our team name was Dye Running. Here we are before the fun began. You have to wear white so that the color is super noticeable.
 This is Crystal and Teresa. We trained the most together. Crystal is an avid runner but really helped me with my running. Teresa started running because I started. We would meet at the high school track 3 times a week and work on our distance. It's crazy to think that when we started it was hard to get through a mile but now we're timing ourselves on how fast we can do 3 miles. And even this last week we added a lap or two to our three mile run. We're already planning our next race.
 Here we are about to cross the finish line. My only goal was to run the WHOLE thing and I accomplished that goal. I couldn't be more proud of this accomplishment.
 At the end we each have a pouch of color and we count down to throw it up in the air. Those of us that really trained hard decided we worked so hard for this, we wanted to celebrate as much as possible. So we're in the thick of that color there. It was good in theory but once it started coming down it got all in  your mouth and eyes and you couldn't really breathe. Oh well, it was still a blast.
Some of the gang. Oh how much fun we had. We really hope they come back next year and can do it again. If not... road trip!

5 comments:

Eric said...

That is so great! Congrats on making your goal!! (Krinn)

Aubrey Norby said...

I admire that you set a goal, worked hard for it, and achieved it! Well done! The color run sounds like a fun way to do it!

Sammy said...

that is awesome and looks like so much fun! Something so amazing about being able to run the whole 5k huh?? way to go!

Karrasch Clique said...

Way to go! FUN run to do!

Kilburn-Hall family said...

Great job! Was it for a charity?