Friday, March 26, 2010

Kallis first haircut

Joe and I finally got sick enough of Kalli's long front hair that we took action. We asked our friend to cut her hair so that she no longer looks like a boy when I don't do her hair. She cut some bangs for her and just evened it out in front. I was completely shocked at how well Kalli sat for her. She did a great job and I'm pretty happy with the results. Here are the pictures to document this momentous occasion.
She loves the water bottle because I use one on her everyday! The first cut is always the hardest right? I don't really get sad about my kid's first haircut, I guess I'm not all the sentimental but that shouldn't come off as a shock to anyone.
I think she was kind of proud of herself. Look at her smiling at Courtney! She looks a bit older with her hair cut in the front. Usually we reserve this momentous occasion for grandma Paula, but since we knew we wouldn't be seeing her anytime soon we needed to take action. Hopefully we'll get grandma Paula to cut her hair! It's tradition, right?

7 comments:

Aubrey Norby said...

What a cute smile Kalli has! She looks great with her new do.

Kerstin said...

Very cute!! But I have to disagree with the first haircut being the hardest. the hardest haircut is the one that is required because a child (or a child's sibling, friend, etc.) decides that they can cut their own hair :).

Emily Norby said...

Cute cut! And she was so cooperative, too. Does Blake handle haircuts that well?

Karrasch Clique said...

What a cute thing!

Paula said...

:( I wish I could have done it. Maybe by the time she needs another one. Looks great though and she's smiling.

Amy said...

I love that smile!! We still can't wait to meet this little girl :)

Amy Jo and Joey said...

Cutie Pie!