Thursday, January 17, 2008

Fingers for paintbrushes

It has been pretty cold the last couple of days here in Reno. Too cold to go to the park. Blake has been steadily  getting more bored each day, so I decided to take entertainment into our own hands, literally. I let Blake sit down and finger paint yesterday morning. He loved it!
Blake is a one finger painter, he does not enjoy using his whole hand. He also favored the color blue and green, I seriously could not get him to use the red. Funny. This is where Blake figured out that not only could he finger paint on the paper but on himself. He also found that painting on himself is way more fun than on paper.  Another fact Blake found out was that finger paint doesn't taste as good as it looks. A good lesson to learn early. See how happy he is. I love it. This will be a regular activity in our house it looks like. Mostly because I love watching him paint. It's so much fun watching these things through your child's eyes. Priceless.   This is Blake's finished project. I don't see an up and coming Picasso, but at least he had fun. As did I. 

3 comments:

Kerstin said...

How fun!!! Blake looks so cute finger painting. A great book for fun ideas of things to do with Toddlers is The Toddler's Busy Book. I got it for Christmas and I love it and Landon really likes the activities that we have done.

stephanie said...

ok just have to say you are a braver woman than me!!! i think we have maybe finger painted..hmmm maybe once at my house and can i just say we havent done it since, but you have given me new hopes because he really didnt make that big of a mess..we will have to try again..i think you could make some $$$ off of that wonderful creation

The Sabatini Family said...

Hello Norby's! I was blog surfing and came across your blog. It's nice to see what you guys are up to. Blake is getting so big. Anyways, check out our blog too if you want. We are in Chicago now and we just had a baby finally! :) We hope things are going well for you guys.
~Jason & Bonnie Sabatini