Monday, April 28, 2008

Stressful weeks

So, since we decided to move to Phoenix, our lives have been very busy and very stressful. The hassle of moving out of state is unbelievable and is driving Joe and I mad (maybe just me and I am driving Joe mad). We had originally booked a moving company to move all our stuff for us which was great because they load and unload. But last night Joe and I were looking at google maps at our new apartment complex in Phoenix and it looked very narrow to get a semi in that would hold all our possessions. This morning I called the complex and they said it would be nearly impossible to have a semi in there because it would block people in, etc. I then called our moving company and told them all of this and they said it isn't that big of a deal, they would just charge us $300 extra to move our stuff from the big semi to a littler truck and do it that way. We were just so fed up with everything that we said screw it and are now booking a UHaul truck. Definitely not our first choice, but it will be easier in some regards. 
Now my front room is filled with boxes that I need to fill up with our stuff. Wish us luck. That will be my job while Blake is asleep. Wow, I have so much more to do that I can't think straight but we are still completely psyched about moving to Phoenix. 
Also, do you ever have those days when your kid is so good you can't believe what good luck you have? Blake was like that today. We had to go buy boxes from the moving company and Blake of course came with me. While I was trying to figure out how many boxes I needed Blake patiently waited in the lobby and walked around and caused no trouble. Whew! Then we had to get our boxes at the warehouse and Blake sat in the car for this. We had to use the backseat to get all our boxes in so Blake had boxes right in front of his face. Although he didn't like it he didn't make a huge fuss. The guy loading them for me kept telling how good Blake was being. To celebrate Blake's good manners today I bought us a churro at Costco after shopping and told him how good he was. He LOVED the churro and I think he understood that mom was VERY proud of him today.
So if any of our friends are reading this in Reno, if you are free Monday May 19 in the morning, we would love nothing more than to spend it with you while packing up our stuff on the truck. =)

5 comments:

JKThomas said...

i will send kevin over! Also if you need any help packing or cleaning before then just let me know. I am just sitting around and waiting right now so my life is pretty boring!

Kerstin said...

Wow, I can't believe you will be moving so soon. I hate the process of moving, it is so stressful and it just really is not fun. It is so nice that Blake is such a good, easygoing boy that makes things a little easier. I wish we could be there to help you out. Good luck with everything!

Jensen Family said...

COunt me in...or rather Travis! I love volunteering him for really fun jobs like this!!!

Jamie said...

We'll be there:) I think I will be anyway. I can help with packing too if you get frustrated. The girls could keep Blake entertained. I love those days when the children are good and its such a blessing:) I hear ya there.

Paula said...

I hope Blake got lots of hugs and kisses. He's such a cutie.