Friday, February 24, 2012

11 pounds down!

So in January the St. George Deseret Book store challenged all the other stores to a biggest loser competition. Because my boss and I had recently had babies, we decided to take the challenge. Each Monday we have to report our new weight and this aspect I think has really helped me to lose weight, being accountable each week really helps. There were so many times I felt like just quitting but because I have to report my weight, I just couldn't.
This week I hit my first goal of 10 pounds lost. I've actually now lost over 10 pounds and can't wait to hit my next goal of another 10 pounds. My hope and work is going towards losing at least 35 pounds by the end of the year, which is quite doable.
The competition ends at the end of March and my goal is to have lost 15 pounds. Our team has been in third place for quite some time, so I'm hoping slow and steady can win the race in the end!

6 comments:

Ryan Kelli and Clara said...

Good for you! That is so wonderful! Keep up the good work! I am on board with ya! Baby weight gain is a pain to get rid of! :)

The KGB Family said...

Great Job! I know how hard it is to lose weight and stay focused. 11pounds is amazing- keep it up and don't give up :)

Karrasch Clique said...

Great job! Good for you Kristen!

Heather G. said...

awesome! wish i could be there and chat with you over a green smoothie! good job!

Emily Norby said...

Wow! You are doing great! Any tips?

Aubrey Norby said...

Congrats! Go team!