Monday, December 22, 2008

Cute Kids

As crazy as life is right now, we've been having fun with our kids. Here are some things that are happening. 
Kalli went to her doctor visit on Friday. She is 11lbs. 5 oz (60%) and 23 1/4 inches (90%). It shocks me that she is in the 90th for height as she has Joe and I for parents. She only gained a pound in the last month, but I am blaming that on her surgery. 
She received 4 shots, two in each leg, and an oral one. Let's just say that shots and Kalli DON'T mix. I never had problems with Blake but Kalli screamed for hours that night. It was interesting because she barely cried with her surgery but she cried bloody murder after her shots. Go figure. Kalli is obsessed with a couple of things right now. First, she loves her animals on her swing and mobile. I put her up for a nap on Saturday and I could hear her "talking" through the monitor. I went up to check on her and she was just smiling and laughing at her animals, it was cute. She also loves to be in her swing and loves to watch the animals go around. She gets upset when they stop. 
The other thing she is obsessed with is sucking on her hands and fingers. If she can find them, they are in her mouth. She isn't the biggest pacifier baby, she will only take it sometimes and that's when she's not already mad. But those hands are her favorite. Too bad I swaddle her at night so she can't find them. This morning Blake got Kalli's boppy and sat on the couch and stated "hold it". He wanted to hold Kalli. He was really good with her, as always, but this is the first since she's been born that he wanted to hold her. It was really cute. I ask him all the time if he is going to be a good big brother to her and take care of her and he always tells me yes. That's a good sign because his favorite word is no. I sure hope he does look out for her and they become good friends. 
Now I am off to pack, enjoy your day!

3 comments:

Kerstin said...

What sweet kids!! They are so cute! I am glad to hear that things are going well. I hope everything goes well with the big move comming up.

Jamie said...

You have such cute kids. I wish I could know Kalli. Blake is a good big brother, thats the way its supposed to be! Good luck with packing:)

Aubrey Norby said...

They are so cute! In that picture at the top of your blog it looks like Blake is about to stuff the ball into Kalli's open mouth. I am glad you are still finding time to post in spite of packing.