Saturday, December 22, 2007

Fish sticks and Frosting

So Blake has been having a hard time eating lately, I think because there is so much going on with Christmas and also because of all the yummy Christmas treats lying around. Today I got into the baking Christmas spirit and made sugar cookies. While I was making the frosting Blake was supposed to be eating his dinner consisting of fish sticks and mixed fruit. He saw what I was doing and wanted a taste. Being the nice mommy that I sometimes am, I gave him a little taste. Well that brought out the Blake beast. He no longer wanted to eat his own food but just wanted to eat frosting. Joe and I weathered out a big tantrum and dismissed him from the table. He kept begging for frosting so I made a great solution. I put a line of frosting on top of his fish stick. Blake promptly licked off all of the frosting but then ate the entire fish stick. We thought that was great! So I tried with another fish stick with some more frosting, he ate that one too. 
What genius creations moms can think of when trying to get their kids to eat. 
DO NOT TRY FISH STICKS AND FROSTING UNLESS UNDER THE AGE OF THREE- Yuck!

1 comment:

Kerstin said...

hahahaha! That is so funny. We used to put katchup on everything to get Landon to eat his food.